Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whew!

Hey folks! I made it to College Town, finally!!!! Moving actually went very well, surprisingly. My daughter is absolutely ecstatic about her new home, as am I. I spent the first couple of days unpacking and getting familiar with our new surroundings. I enjoy my new neighborhood, which is really quiet and very conducive to studying. I also LOVE the fact that I can get anywhere in College Town in 15 minutes or less. On the other hand, I don't like the fact that I no longer have a job. It's the oddest feeling ever! I'm extremely risk-adverse and am having an issue adjusting to the fact that I'll have to live on loans. Luckily, I got an increase in my child support, so I felt extremely blessed about that. Tomorrow is the first day of Law Preview, and in true procrastinators form I have not even begun briefing the cases for the first day of class. I'm going to get it done tonight, I promise. In the meantime- I hope all the other 1L's out there are having as smooth a transition as I am thus far! Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. HI. Momma Milla. I am also a single mother, but i have 2 children and I start law school in January of 2010. can you give me some insight on what to expect my first week or month of class. I relocated to the west coast with where my immediate family resides for support, but I'm starting to think things might get hectic because I still don't have my own vechile or place out here. Needing you thoughtful insight. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete