Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Daughter Enrolled in School....CHECK

As a parent of a school aged child, the most important item that has to be taken care of where she is concerned, is getting her enrolled in school AND finding additional child care. Here's the deal, my plan is to treat law school as if it were an actual job. Right now, I clock in at 8am and clock out at 4:30 pm. My daughter's regular school day runs from 8:20 until about 3:20, so to cover the time before and after her school day when I need to be at work, she participates in a before & after school program, which allows me to drop her off as early as 7am and pick her up as late as 6 pm. The school she will be attending seems to work on a similar school schedule and luckily, it has a similar before & after school program. I was able to get on the waiting list (in the top 5). I also found what seems to be a decent home day care that is down the street from her school, in the event the waiting list doesn't work out in my favor. The best part of all is that our home, her school, and the back-up daycare are all on the same street, just a couple blocks away from one another! A mother's dream....lol!
***
My daughter is actually excited about moving and starting a new school. She's already decided how she's going to say goodbye to her friends, and she even informed her current teacher about her upcoming move a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I won't have to deal with any tantrums or general anxiety about our move...one less thing to worry about...thank God!
***
I'm sure some are probably wondering about the cost of the above-mentioned child care options. Well, as always, child care isn't cheap. It's probably going to cost about $200 + a month, depending on which route I choose, but I think it's great that my school will allow me to add my child care costs to my cost of attendance.
***
At this point, things are moving right along and I'm to the point where I am counting the days, 86 to be exact. I'm still as excited as ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment