Thursday, June 25, 2009

My feelings are hurt (not law related)! RIP MJ

The world lost a legend today and I'm SAD about it!
***
I don't know about you, but I grew up with Micheal Jackson (circa Thriller). He's the only music artist who's poster graced my bedroom wall. I watched his videos and memorized dance steps. He's practically the key influence of most of the music artists out today. Of course, I don't know Micheal Jackson personally, nor did I ever have the pleasure of seeing him perform in concert, but I know that he was THE BEST and there hasn't been anyone who could even touch him in his ability to produce music that touched people across the globe.
***
I blog about this because I am a hard core music fan. I like good music- not this "pseudo-gansta, bling-bling, pop that booty" bull**it played on the radio today, but music that is timeless, memorable and keeps generation after generation grooving. I think the music industry has suffered a tremendous loss. As tragic as it is, Micheal passed away while preparing to get to the place that truly made him happy- being on stage and performing for his fans.
***
He will be missed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment