Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Momma, I'm sick...

Yesterday afternoon I received a phone call from my daughter's school nurse. Apparently my daughter wasn't feeling well. Symptoms were headache and vomiting. Great! Luckily, I have enough sick time (although sometimes I wish they would give a separate allowance of time specifically for use for the children) and the call came towards the end of the day (and I was really ready to go home). What struck me about the whole situation is that most of the time I found myself thinking about how I would feel if/when this happens while I'm in law school. Overall, it's not a huge deal because my daughter is my number one priority and she'll be taken care of no matter what I have going on, but I just thought it was funny that my head was in that particular place.

No comments:

Post a Comment